FLY FISHING FILM TOUR FILM SUBMISSION RULES
All entrants must fill out our 2013 Entry Form before continuing
Round 1: Teasers and Shorts must be submitted by November 1, 2012.
If you are chosen you will contacted to submit a Rough by December 15, 2012.
ROUND 2: Final line up will be chosen by the end of the Year.
Final Edited pieces must me received by January 5, 2013
Please Contact us with links to the teasers, all long formats will be submitted to the F3T on DVD or via electronic transfer.
Short Form Rules
- All submission must be original content not released on DVD prior to March 30, 2013
- Entries cannon be in another Fly Fishing Film Festival being shown in US or Canada during the 2013 Calendar Year
- All entries must have all copyrighted materials cleared and documented
Selected filmmakers will be entitled to the following:
- Film Teaser promotion on F3T web site home page
- Company logo or film maker photo displayed on F3T web site
- Film tour film submission description to be displayed on F3T web site
- Film Company or film maker bio to be displayed on F3T web site
- Film company or film maker web address to be displayed on F3T web site
- Film maker and film description to be mentioned in PR materials
- Film maker and film description to be used whenever possible on all magazine and news paper articles
- Profit sharing for eligible film submissions – ALL FINAL FILM MAKERS WILL RECEIVE PAYMENTS
- DVD downloads for purchase on the F3T iTunes Page
Entries must have a release date, copyright date or airdate during calendar year, 2011, 2012 or 2014. Multiple entries will be accepted.
Entries received must include a completed Entry Form and copy of the film.
Requirements for film submission:
Submissions can be any length up to a 20-minute maximum, make them as long as they are good – most films are usually best at 10-15 minutes. They must have a story with start middle and ending.
Film submissions must be fly fishing related.
FINAL Submissions must include the following:
1. Fully edited film tour submission up to 20 minutes long
2. 20 second max end credits for film credits and sponsor mentions
(Sponsor mentions must be at end of film in end credits only)
3. Teaser Trailer up to 5 minutes long to be uploaded on Vimeo – They must be approximately 2 minutes long
4. Film Maker photo or film company logo*
5. Photo stills from film (5 minimum)*
6. 500 word description of film**
7. 500 word film maker or company bio**
*(All Photos and stills must be submitted on DVD or email in print quality resolution & format, 300 dpi in JPG TIF or EPS)
**(Film description and filmmaker or company bio must be submitted as a typed word document .doc)
F3T will be awarding compensation to film makers who are selected for the 2013 film tour program line up based upon the submission length and total profit revenue of the tour and meet the eligibility requirements.
Submission eligibility for cash awards
Exclusive U.S. Fly Fishing Film Tour rights during the tour through December 31, 2013 as a submission to any fly-fishing related non-private film events.
All films that are chosen for the Fly Fishing Film Tour program and are submitting exclusively to the Fly Fishing Film Tour will receive profit sharing
Acceptable submission formats;
Uncompressed file delivered on Hard Drive / Flash Drive
HD quality – PRORESS 422 (or other HD Codec
Each entry may not use any unauthorized copyright material including music images or film. If you have copyright material in your film you must be able to provide legal documentation of your permission of its use. Films with copyright material that do not provide this documentation will be disqualified. Each Film entered must be fly fishing related or orientated. Please preview your entries before shipping. Programs with time code or other defects will be disqualified.
No “Self Help”, “Instructional”,”How To”, “Lodge/Outfitter/Guide Service Promotion” films will be accepted.