2022 Submissions are OPEN!
Calling all anglers from world-class travelers to beginners, young and old, men, women and children, and folks from all walks of life; we want to share your fishing stories on the big screen.
Rough cuts are due October 31st but we’ll look at what you’ve got at any point along the creative process.
**Remember to take High-Res, still photos during your film shoot for marketing purposes.
November 6th – Rough Cut Submission Due. — This should be your basic film in length and structure but it need not be the polished final product. If you still need to license music, add graphics, etc. that’s ok. But be sure to include a description of what changes you plan to make (if any) between submission and finished film. You can include your notes on your Vimeo/YouTube/etc. video page in the description/notes/comments section as we will look for the notes there.
December 1st – Notification of Selection Status. — We will do our best to notify all submitting filmmakers of their selection status on or before this date.
December 11th (If selected) – Trailer Due — Max 3 minutes. Less is more.
January 1st (If Selected) – Completed Final Film Due. With music licenses, actor releases, final color mix, final sound mix, etc.
All entrants must upload their film to a password protected Vimeo or YouTube page and fill out submission fields to the right. Only electronic online submissions will be considered and/or accepted. If selected you may be asked to provide your film on a physical drive.
Submit Your Film Here
- All submission must be original content not released on DVD/Internet prior to May 30, 2022.
- Entries cannot be in another Fly Fishing Film Festival being shown in US or Canada during the 2021 or 2022 Calendar Year.
- All entries must have all copyrighted materials cleared and documented.
- Entries must have a release date, copyright date or airdate during calendar year 2021 or 2022.
- Multiple entries will be accepted.
- Entries received must include a completed Entry Form and copy of the film.
- No “Self Help”, “Instructional”,”How To”, “Lodge/Outfitter/Guide Service Promotion” films will be accepted.
Selected filmmakers will be entitled to the following:
- Film Teaser promotion on F3T web site and Social Media
- Company logo or film maker photo displayed on F3T web site
- Film tour film submission description to be displayed on F3T web site
- Film Company or filmmaker bio to be displayed on F3T web site
- Film company or filmmaker web address to be displayed on F3T web site
- Filmmaker and film description to be mentioned in PR materials and press kits
- Additional Distribution via Outside platforms (case by case negotiations)
REQUIREMENTS FOR FINAL FILM SUBMISSION UPON ACCEPTANCE
Submissions can be any length up to a 20-minute maximum, make them as long as they are good – most films are best at 10-15 minutes. They must have a story with start, middle, and ending.
Film submissions must be fly fishing related.
Final Submissions must include the following:
- Fully edited film tour submission up to 20 minutes long
- 20 second max end credits for film credits and sponsor mentions (Sponsor mentions must be at end of film in end credits only)
- Film Trailer up to 3 minutes long to be uploaded on Vimeo. Less is more here. The trailer should be intriguing without giving away the entire film.
- Title Card JPEG of the film for display on the Trailer Page and Newsletters.
- Filmmaker photo or film company logo*
- Photo stills from film (5 minimum)*
- Max 500 word description of film**
- Max 500 word filmmaker or company biography**
*(All Photos and stills must be submitted on DVD, Electronic Transfer Mechanism (ie DropBox or We Transfer) or email in print quality resolution & format, 300 DPI in JPG TIF or EPS)
**(Film description and filmmaker or company biography must be submitted as a typed word document .doc)
- F3T will be awarding compensation to filmmakers who are selected for the 2022 film tour program line up based upon the total profit revenue of the tour. In order to be eligible for cash awards submitted films must meet all submission guidelines described on this page.
If selected, you may provide your film in the following formats..
- Uncompressed file delivered on Hard Drive / Flash Drive / Electronic Transfer Mechanism
- HD quality 1920×1080– PRORES 422 (or other HD Codec)
- Preferred Frame Rate – 23.98 (24p)
Each entry may not use any unauthorized copyright material including music images or film. If you have copyright material in your film you must be able to provide legal documentation of your permission of its use. Films with copyright material that do not provide this documentation will be disqualified. Each Film entered must be fishing related or orientated. Please preview your entries before shipping. Programs with time code or other defects will be disqualified.